Backspace when i hit 5 key.

Denes Molnar molnard "at"
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:01:55 +0000

I have seen that too - on my Redhat Linux 6.2. Actually I found a
systemwide xmodmap file that really defines key 22 to be backspace and not
5. Commenting that line out in that file, everything works fine.

Thus, I am not sure whether that is an Xvnc or Redhat config issue. Though
it is true that setxkbmap did not work in the Xvnc session for some reason
I do not know (it gave some error saying something like that "extension
does not exist", or whatever). Maybe Redhat relies on xsetkbmap which
however does not work under Xvnc?

Denes Molnar
to majordomo "at"
See also: