Backspace when i hit 5 key.

Denes Molnar molnard "at" phys.columbia.edu
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:01:55 +0000

Hi,

I have seen that too - on my Redhat Linux 6.2. Actually I found a
systemwide xmodmap file that really defines key 22 to be backspace and not
5. Commenting that line out in that file, everything works fine.

Thus, I am not sure whether that is an Xvnc or Redhat config issue. Though
it is true that setxkbmap did not work in the Xvnc session for some reason
I do not know (it gave some error saying something like that "extension
does not exist", or whatever). Maybe Redhat relies on xsetkbmap which
however does not work under Xvnc?

Denes Molnar