enabling raw encoding

Wed, 08 Nov 2000 22:10:35 +0000

Hi, I'm trying to enable raw encoding, not the default Hextile (I'm using
the latest Win32 viewer - and server on the remote end, if that matters).
Specifically, I'm wondering if there's a way to specify RAW from the command
line with vncviewer (don't see it in the win32 vncviewer docs).  I've also
tried manually specifying it in the "options" dialog box before I connect
using vncviewer (graphically), only to have raw AND another option selected.
Close the "options" box, re-open it, and find raw isn't enabled, only the
other option.  How can I enable raw encoding??

(FYI, I'm playing with it because I'm also playing with encrypted pipes, and
I'm looking at performance issues, etc.)

Thanks!!

Glenn