Encoding numbers in use

W. Brian Blevins brian.blevins "at" tridia.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 20:02:17 +0000

Tristan,

> Encoding numbers in use
>
> From: Tristan Richardson (tjr "at" uk.research.att.com)
> Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 10:48:27 EST
>

> To help avoid clashes in encoding numbers used by different people, I've
> started a list of all known encoding numbers in use on
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/protocol.html

This is an excellent idea.  Thanks for putting it up.

> Let me know if there are any others which need adding to the list. No doubt
> there will already be some clashes, but it's better late than never!

Tridia's zlib implementation also uses encoding number 6.
I posted about this on the list at the time and no one
indicated that we should do otherwise.  At this point, I
can not see how we could move our zlib encoding to a
different value.

--
Brian