Bug in VNC with NumLock key

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:38:05 +0000

I would just set the win nt4.0 server to have the numlock on. by default win
nt 4 has numlock turned off. If you check the microsoft support site or the
technet site you will find out which registry setting to change.
http://www.microsoft.com/support
http://www.microsoft.com/technet

I think all would agree with me that this isn't a bug, just an annoyance.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Mickey Ferguson
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 12:00 PM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: Re: Bug in VNC with NumLock key

In a previous message, I wrote:

>I'm running WinVNC Version 3.3.3 R 7 on NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 on
>both server and client.  When I connect from to server, the NumLock
>indicator (and functionality) gets turned off.  Worse yet, it doesn't
>even get turned back on when I disconnect.

>Ideally I think the server's NumLock state should be set based on the
>client's, and then when the connection is broken the state is
>restored.

I don't know what the normal turnaround time is for feedback on bug reports,
and I realize that I can't necessarily expect great support because this is
freeware.  But I can't believe I haven't even seen a single response to this
report, yet I see discussions about other problems almost immediately after
the original problem report.  Do others see this symptom?  Is it a known
problem that is never going to be solved?  Known and a fix is in the works?

I simply can't handle the amount of traffic this mailing list generates.  Is
there a Usenet-style newsgroup I can read that contains all of the postings
so I can control when I read the list and make it a lot easier to go
through?  I'm just about ready to unsubscribe from the list, but would still
like to find out about resolution to my problem report.