Bug in VNC with NumLock key

Matthew C. Grab mis "at" cindyrowe.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:35:53 +0000

I believe the issue is that this is a documented behavior.  As far as I
recollect, VNC personnel decided to make VNC behave this way.  That way you
always know what the state is when you connect, and VNC can always sync the
client and server together properly.

I have been dealing with this issue a lot lately.  The clients I connect to use
a point-of-sale system that relies heavily on the number pad.  Whenever I
connect, I have to turn on the Numlock key.  Their system requires me to use a
terminal emulator to control the modem.  I've found that in order to type
"ATDT939xxxx", I have to type "ATDTTT"<numlock><numlock>"939xxxx" for the modem
to understand it.  The numlock logic is definitely screwed up.
The problem is my users are not computer people, they're auto glass installation
technicians.  They hardly even know what a caps lock key is.

I or somebody else should contribute a fix for this.

Matt Grab