Port Changes

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw "at" uk.research.att.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:14:27 +0000

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Salvatore Palmisano wrote:

> Ok this seems to be working, but now I cant connect unless someone is logged
> in and the VNC Service Helper (white/green taskbar icon) is running.
> The moment I log off the user I lose the connection and cannot reconnect.
>
> I dont have to leave a user logged in, do I?
>
> After the regedit edit I even restarted the machine.  The service started
> automatically, and all is well if a user is logged in and the service helper
> runs, but nothing before then.

If the port numbers set for the Default User don't match those for the
current user, you'll keep getting kicked off (to avoid a nasty Winsock
condition).

Ensure that the Default and current user ports match and you'll be OK.

Cheers,

Wez