Port Changes

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano "at" usaiss.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 16:34:52 +0000

Ok this seems to be working, but now I cant connect unless someone is logged
in and the VNC Service Helper (white/green taskbar icon) is running.
The moment I log off the user I lose the connection and cannot reconnect.

I dont have to leave a user logged in, do I?

After the regedit edit I even restarted the machine.  The service started
automatically, and all is well if a user is logged in and the service helper
runs, but nothing before then.
Any ideas?

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano "at" usaiss.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Steve Palocz
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 10:28 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: Port Changes

Yes Read the doc/FAQ it is in there.
for me to set my port to 7071 I set the display number to 1171 note that
this is 5900 + 1171 = 7071
OR

do a regedit.
in HKEY_current_user\software\orl\winvnc3\

create a dword of "PortNumber" and specify the decimal value as the port you
want.
Note disable auto display number before you add this entry.