screen scalling on the palm

W. Brian Blevins brian.blevins "at" tridia.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:51:28 +0000

Jimmy,

> screen scalling on the palm
>
> From: Riley, Jimmy (Jimmy.Riley "at" ncogroup.com)
> Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 09:28:00 EST
>

> When I connect with the palm and request screen scaling vnc automatically
> drops my connection to the host. Why is this?

Are you connecting to the WinVNC software that supports screen
scaling?  As far as I know, the TridiaVNC, AT&T and other VNC
servers do not have this support available yet.  Only the WinVNC
server from Harrakan Software includes this support.  Are you
connecting to a Win32, Unix or other host system?

This is just a guess, but the connection is likely being dropped
because an unknown protocol message (server side screen scaling)
is being used by the Palm VNC viewer.

Maybe someone from Harrakan Software could better shed light on
this issue.

--
Brian