Port Changes

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:46:21 +0000

Yes Read the doc/FAQ it is in there.
for me to set my port to 7071 I set the display number to 1171 note that
this is 5900 + 1171 = 7071
OR

do a regedit.
in HKEY_current_user\software\orl\winvnc3\

create a dword of "PortNumber" and specify the decimal value as the port you
want.
Note disable auto display number before you add this entry.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Salvatore
Palmisano
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 9:43 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: Port Changes

And then use this convention to connect to the server, right?

machinename:4545

I tried this and it didnt connect.  Only setting it back to 'Auto' worked.
Am I missing a step?

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.