Port Changes

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano "at" usaiss.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:44:33 +0000

And then use this convention to connect to the server, right?

machinename:4545

I tried this and it didnt connect.  Only setting it back to 'Auto' worked.
Am I missing a step?

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano "at" usaiss.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of ROTTENBERG,HAL
(HP-USA,ex1)
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 9:15 AM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: Port Changes

The setting for this is in the default settings dialog box.  They call it
display number though.  (This is because it's complying with some X/Windows
conventions.)  Uncheck the Auto option and it'll let you type in a number.
If I have this right, you can enter a number from 0 to 99 and it will
correspond to ports 5900-5999.  If you enter a whole port number, such as
4545, it will use that port explicitly.

Hal Rottenberg             | Hewlett-Packard
Technical Support Engineer | Phone: +1-404-774-4041
Internet Security Division | Email: hal_rottenberg "at" hp.com

Web: http://www.hp.com/security