WinVNC stability on NT4

Fullford, Richard rfullford "at" oneplanet.net.au
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:52:58 +0000

Only problem I have seen with WinVNC as a service on NT 4.0 is that *very*
occasionally when shutting down the system from a user logon I get an error
because the WinVNC Tray Icon task would not die. Since I'm logged on an "End
Task" fixes it. This is probably related to the same issue on Win9x which I
see all the time, but I believe a fix for that is the next release.

--------------------------
Richard J. Fullford
One Planet Solutions
Ph: +61 2-6230 6266
Mb: +61 4-1244 7236
Fx: +61 2-6230 6299

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Bethe [mailto:dan_bethe "at" yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 November 2000 5:35
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: WinVNC stability on NT4

	Hi there all.  I need to install WinVNC server on Windows NT 4.  I
was
wondering if there is any chance of instability.  I'm paranoid until I
get rid of this host simply because it is Windows.  I can't find any
mention of required service packs in the server documentation.
	Thanks!

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5