Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano "at" usaiss.com
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:16:41 +0000

You're going to want to remove the VNC reference in the \Run registry key.
This is the listing of applications that execute upon login.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano "at" usaiss.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Anthony
Duplessis
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 3:48 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

WOW! Now that's fast response.
I get this error message when I login.
Umm, I did disable the VNC Server service.
I checked the startup folder in the start menu and it is empty.
I did a search in the registry using "vnc", "*vnc*" and found no instances
related to VNC. Then I did a search using "startup" and found three
instances related to VNC. It was found in the following keys;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\VNCHooks\Application_prefs\rundll32.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\S-1-5-21-142018......\Software\ORL\VNCHooks\Application_pr
efs\
rundll32.exe

What does this tell me and what need I do next? Do I need to delete
something in one or all of these registry keys?

Thanks in advance.