Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano "at"
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:16:41 +0000

You're going to want to remove the VNC reference in the \Run registry key.
This is the listing of applications that execute upon login.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano "at"

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at"
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at"]On Behalf Of Anthony
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 3:48 PM
To: vnc-list "at"
Subject: RE: Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

WOW! Now that's fast response.
I get this error message when I login.
Umm, I did disable the VNC Server service.
I checked the startup folder in the start menu and it is empty.
I did a search in the registry using "vnc", "*vnc*" and found no instances
related to VNC. Then I did a search using "startup" and found three
instances related to VNC. It was found in the following keys;

What does this tell me and what need I do next? Do I need to delete
something in one or all of these registry keys?

Thanks in advance.
to majordomo "at"
See also: