Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

Anthony Duplessis anthd "at" vax2.concordia.ca
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 20:52:53 +0000

WOW! Now that's fast response.
I get this error message when I login.
Umm, I did disable the VNC Server service.
I checked the startup folder in the start menu and it is empty.
I did a search in the registry using "vnc", "*vnc*" and found no instances
related to VNC. Then I did a search using "startup" and found three
instances related to VNC. It was found in the following keys;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\VNCHooks\Application_prefs\rundll32.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\S-1-5-21-142018......\Software\ORL\VNCHooks\Application_prefs\
rundll32.exe

What does this tell me and what need I do next? Do I need to delete
something in one or all of these registry keys?

Thanks in advance.

>Do you get this on boot or login?
>If so, the VNC service is probably set to start automatically (even though
>you've uninstalled the application),
>or winvnc.exe is in the startup group.
>Check the startup folder as well as the RUN key of the registry.
>
>Also check to make sure the service isnt set to start automatically.
>
>--Salvatore Palmisano
>Chief Information Officer
>International Security Solutions, Inc.
>spalmisano "at" usaiss.com

						M.A.D.

		LIFE is the toughest teacher of all.
		First, you get the test.
		Then, you're taught the lesson.

 # Anthony Duplessis                                           #
  # E-mail: anthd "at" vax2.concordia.ca                           #
   # Junior Network Administrator                            #
    # Instructional & Information Technology Services       #
     # Concordia University, 1455 DeMaisonneuve W., LB800  #
      # Montreal. Qc, Canada H3G-1M8                      #
       # Tel: (514)848-7640	Fax: (514)848-7622       #