Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano "at" usaiss.com
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 18:48:36 +0000

Do you get this on boot or login?
If so, the VNC service is probably set to start automatically (even though
you've uninstalled the application),
or winvnc.exe is in the startup group.
Check the startup folder as well as the RUN key of the registry.

Also check to make sure the service isnt set to start automatically.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano "at" usaiss.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Anthony
Duplessis
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 1:17 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Error Message, Can not find WinVNC.exe

I installed VNC server onto an IBM desktop computer runnig Windows NT 4.0
SP.

I un-installed VNC because of confilicts with another application. Since
that time I keep getting the following error message;

Can not find the file "C:\Program files\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe" (or one of its
components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
required libraries are available.

I've looked around my system folder for traces of a file but no luck.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

						M.A.D.

		LIFE is the toughest teacher of all.
		First, you get the test.
		Then, you're taught the lesson.

 # Anthony Duplessis                                           #
  # E-mail: anthd "at" vax2.concordia.ca                           #
   # Junior Network Administrator                            #
    # Instructional & Information Technology Services       #
     # Concordia University, 1455 DeMaisonneuve W., LB800  #
      # Montreal. Qc, Canada H3G-1M8                      #
       # Tel: (514)848-7640	Fax: (514)848-7622       #