How to change VNC Applet's width and height

J Peaks jeremy "at" jerpeaks.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 12:08:27 +0000

In that case you have two options.  You can either use my amended version of
WinVNC which has several extra features including the ability to set a
resolution change at the server end while a connection is in place, or you
can download the latest version of TridiaVNC which has incorporated all my
amendments as well as several others such as compression.  This version may
not be available to anyone other than the developers at the moment though,
I'm not sure if its got past the testing stage yet.

While you can't change the resolution to 400x300 (such a resolution can't be
done) you can get it to change to 640x480 while connected.  It will then
revert back to its previous resolution when you disconnect.  640x480 should
be good enough for what you want.

My site with my version is at:

http://www.jerpeaks.clara.net

TridiaVNC can be found at: