[RE: 100% PURE JAVA SERVER]

mm mm gmgm123 "at" usa.net
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 06:49:07 +0000

hi,
I'm working on a not so 100% Java server. It uses VNC modules to do screen
capture and stuff but uses Java from then on.

I'm curious to find out the performance of the 100% Java Server by Tal.

cheers.
gmu

Tal Liron <tliron "at" amherst.edu> wrote:
RAJ,

I have been working on a 100% Java server for a while. Version 0.1 of jVNC
is available here:

http://www.amherst.edu/~tliron/jvnc

This version, however, is pretty bad in that it opens a window on the server
machine. Version 0.2, to be out really soon, fixes that by using a "virtual"
AWT Toolkit. Another cute thing is that jVNC uses the Robot class from
JDK1.3 to allow real remote controlling. Performance is still pretty bad at
this early stage (full screen refreshes) but it's a start.

Enjoy,
Tal Liron