100% PURE JAVA SERVER

Tal Liron tliron "at" amherst.edu
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 00:55:48 +0000

Simon,

It does. It is embedded in the class jawa.awt.Robot, and has been introduced
in JDK1.3, so it still not available in all platforms. It's not that big a
deal, really. :) This is a small part of jVNC. In no way do I envision it
replacing true native VNC server code. Performace will be abysmal. However,
it may be useful for some limited applications. The real purpose of jVNC is
to provide a very easy way to write VNC servers that are not operating
system rendered. This will allow you to quite easily write an application,
using full Java framework, and have it accessed by VNC clients.

-Tal