Removing WinVNC

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:13:28 +0000

yep. you need to remove the registry key in
HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runservices

the key should be winvnc
Steve Palocz

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Lonnie Beene
Sent: November 3, 2000 4:50 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Removing WinVNC

Greetings,

    I tried to uninstall WinVNC from an NT 4.0 server using Window's
"Add/Delete Programs" feature, and now whenever I reboot, i get the message:
"Cannot find file C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe or one of its
components.  Make sure path & filename are correct and that all required
libraries are available."  Any ideas on how to get rid of this message?
Thanks.

Lonnie Beene
Director, Learning Resource Center
Northeast Texas Community College