Removing WinVNC

jeff-harris jeff-harris "at" sandhills.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:11:52 +0000

It sounds like there is a registry key that is looking to run the file that
isn't there, check your local machine hive and find the key under run and
delete it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lonnie Beene [mailto:lbeene "at" ntcc.cc.tx.us]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 3:50 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Removing WinVNC

Greetings,

    I tried to uninstall WinVNC from an NT 4.0 server using Window's
"Add/Delete Programs" feature, and now whenever I reboot, i get the message:
"Cannot find file C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe or one of its
components.  Make sure path & filename are correct and that all required
libraries are available."  Any ideas on how to get rid of this message?
Thanks.

Lonnie Beene
Director, Learning Resource Center
Northeast Texas Community College