Issue with WinVNC 3.3.3r7, WinNT 4.0

Joshua Chessman jchessma "at" merlinone.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:04:02 +0000

Hi All-

I've been using VNC for over a year now and just recently started having a problem.  On two of my servers, both running WinNT 4.0 with SP6a I can connect to
the server with the VNCViewer, enter my password, and get a screen.  The problem is that while when I move the mouse over the screen the cursor on the
computer moves, I never get a display that shows the data on the screen (it gives the initial image message).  After some relatively short period of time the
VNCViewer window will stop responding requiring an end task to get rid of it.

I've tried reinstalling the client, confirmed the settings, and all that stuff.  I have about a eight other servers all in the same location with the same configuration
that I can access with no problems.

Does anyone have any idea about what is happening here?  I've tried a bunch of different things, including different settings in the VNC server options.

Many thanks!

Josh

Joshua Chessman
Director of Advanced Technology