VNC Tight Encoder homepage

Const Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:48:53 +0000

Hello,

May I ask official VNC maintainers to add a link for my VNC Tight
Encoder project homepage (http://www.ce.cctpu.edu.ru/vnc/) into the
"Contributed" section of VNC Web pages?

The description may contain something like this:

   VNC Tight Encoder adds low-bandwidth optimizations to VNC (both
   Unix and Windows versions). Compression ratios achieved by "tight"
   encoder are usually 5-75% higher than pure zlib compression.
   Additionally, this encoder is often much faster than zlib at both
   server and client sides. Other enhancements like "local cursor"
   feature are either implemented or in progress. Modified servers and
   viewers do not extend current RFB protocol and thus are fully
   compatible with the standard VNC software.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin