Raptor 6.x Firewall and WinVNC

ROTTENBERG,HAL (HP-USA,ex1) hal_rottenberg "at" hp.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:01:48 +0000

I got it Ryan, you have to do some Raptor stuff to allow ANY non-Raptor
service to run on the firewall.

This is a bit off-topic for this list so I won't go into too much detail.
:)  Email me on the side if you want me to elaborate.

(P.S. www.firetower.com is the raptor list)

Edit c:\raptor\firewall\sg\vulture.runtime (text file) and add
"vncserver.exe" (*) to the end and save the file.  Stop & restart the
firewall, you'll prolly have to start the vnc service (as the vulture
program has already stopped it).  After that you have to create appropriate
rules to allow the 58xx and 59xx incoming traffic.

* I've had issues with the syntax of this file, and it's not documented, try
also "vncserver" or "VNC Server", etc until you get it right.  Don't expect
any help from Axent--they HATE for you to run any extraneous services on the
fw.

Hal Rottenberg             | Hewlett-Packard
Technical Support Engineer | Phone: +1-404-774-4041
Internet Security Division | Email: hal_rottenberg "at" hp.com

Web: http://www.hp.com/security