running gnome and apps on Xvnc at 16 bpp

Const Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:30:37 +0000

    VH> Hi, Just solved myself problem of running gnome apps on Xvnc
    VH> at 16bpp by looking at imlib-1.9.8 sources (solution is to run
    VH> vncserver with pixel format rgb555 or gb565).

Vlad, is the order of color components also matters for Gnome apps? I
mean would they display images correctly if the pixel format is BGR565
or they need exactly RGB565?

I've prepared a change for the Xvnc source to address this problem and
I wonder is it necessary to swap the order of color components in
addition to changing rules used to set default widths for each
component.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin