running gnome and apps on Xvnc at 16 bpp

Const Kaplinsky const "at"
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:30:37 +0000

    VH> Hi, Just solved myself problem of running gnome apps on Xvnc
    VH> at 16bpp by looking at imlib-1.9.8 sources (solution is to run
    VH> vncserver with pixel format rgb555 or gb565).

Vlad, is the order of color components also matters for Gnome apps? I
mean would they display images correctly if the pixel format is BGR565
or they need exactly RGB565?

I've prepared a change for the Xvnc source to address this problem and
I wonder is it necessary to swap the order of color components in
addition to changing rules used to set default widths for each

With Best Wishes,
to majordomo "at"
See also: