Problems running VNC server with 'dtwm'

Waltner, Steve swaltner "at" lsil.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:05:05 +0000

Here is my .xstartup file for VNC on Solaris. Note that it loads my standard
.Xdefaults file, starts CDE, and kills off the Xvnc process when you hit
exit in CDE (something that Xvnc doesn't do out of the box.)

~/.vnc/xstartup
===================
#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources

DTXSERVERLOCATION="remote"
SESIONTYPE="altDt"
SDT_ALT_SESSION="/usr/dt/bin/dtsession"
SDT_ALT_HELLO="/usr/dt/bin/dthello &"

export DTXSERVERLOCATION SESIONTYPE SDT_ALT_SESSION SDT_ALT_HELLO

/usr/dt/bin/Xsession

display=`echo $DISPLAY | sed -e 's/.*:/:/'`
/usr/common/bin/vncserver -kill $display

--
Steve Waltner
LSI Logic