General question

Dries Feys dries "at" tvh.be
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 13:03:45 +0000

We develop several client-server applications on a Progress Database.  On
the local lan, we can use them as a good C/S app, but for people with
laptops on the road, this is a problem... The quantity of data beeing sent
is far beyond the possibilities of the bandwith. (56k modem connection
through VPN)

Therefore we'd like to use a kind of Terminal server, which does only send
the screen contents to the user.  When we should use X Windows on AIX, we
are able to use VNC.  BUT.. We prefer to use Windows NT, as we don't have
any applications running on X for the moment, and we'd like to keep this
that way.

Is there a port of VNC to use it like a terminal server, can anybody tell
me any experiences, or can you advise me any product (MS,...)

Thanks in advance,

Dries Feys-Software Engineer
TVH forklift parts-Thermote & Vanhalst NV
Driemasten 120-126 -- B-8560 Gullegem-Belgium
E-mail: Dries "at" tvh.be -URL: http://www.tvh.be
Tel: +32 (0)56 434745 -- Fax: +32 (0)56 434488

the system manager.