Can one use Xvnc from xdm _and_ ensure only the user who logged in has access?

Denes Molnar molnard "at" phys.columbia.edu
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 05:22:45 +0000

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it is not really what I want to
achieve. I think the problem is that what I want requires changing the vnc
password of an already running session. I wonder whether one can "ask" vnc
(e.g., by sending some signal) to reread the password file. Or else, I
would have to let the users go past the login screen and create the vnc
session only after that - I wish I knew how.

Thanks anyway,

Denes Molnar