Raptor 6.x Firewall and WinVNC

Ryan Allen Ryan.Allen "at" asg.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 20:50:27 +0000

The main reason is speed, followed closely by flexibility.  The RMC, while
powerful, requires a negotiated connection (usually slowing the connection
down) and only allows you to work with the Firewall itself (which limits our
ability to make changes to the underlying server).
The strange thing is that with 6.0.2 and VNC, it works fine, if installed in
the correct order, which is Firewall 6, then SP5, then 6.0.2 patch, then
VNC.  For 6.5 there is a flat install, and then VNC.  That doesn't seem to
work. :(