Raptor 6.x Firewall and WinVNC

Ryan Allen Ryan.Allen "at" asg.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 17:13:00 +0000

I hope someone can help me out on this one... I have search the FAQ, the
archives, and I can't come up with anything on "Raptor".  Any assistance
would be appreciated...
We like to use WinVNC on our internal firewalls for remote configuration
from internal desktops (saves trips to the data center).  I am building our
new firewall (test stage right now) and have installed a Raptor 6.5 Firewall
and WinVNC 3.3.3 r7.  Every time WinVNC attempts to start, Raptor says it's
an "Unauthorized service" and shuts it down.  Is there a way to get Raptor
to allow WinVNC to run as a service on the firewall? Or do I have to install
VNC before Raptor?  Help!

Thanks,
Ryan Allen