Can one use Xvnc from xdm _and_ ensure only the user who logged in has access?

Tim Waugh twaugh "at" redhat.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:57:41 +0000

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 08:48:02PM -0500, Denes Molnar wrote:

> I want to have a login screen via Xvnc and after logging in I want to have
> a VNC desktop that is accessible only to the user who logged in. Is there
> any way to do this? I searched through the archives but found no specific
> solution.

I can't think of an _easy_ way off the top of my head.  How about this
though?

Have Xvnc be display :1 in Xservers.

Then in Xsession_1 put something like this:

#! /bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/xmessage "$(vncserver 2>&1)"

You'd have to connect to the new session though, and you would need to
set a password first.

Tim.
*/

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]