Connection password problem

Wallendahl, Michael/SEA mwallend "at" ch2m.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:12:09 +0000

Only the first 8 characters of the password are sigificant.  See the 3rd
paragraph of:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/faq.html#q53

I agree that this information is not in an obvious place.  Unless I had read
the entire documentation one Saturday when I was bored I wouldn't have known
about this restriction.

HTH,

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Engler [mailto:peter.engler "at" span.ch]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 1:45 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Connection password problem

Hi Group

On the installation of vnc-service, we take a connection-password
with 11 chars. The password is acceptet with no error.
But if we connect with a vncviewer to this server, only the first
8 chars of the connectionpassword are checked.
I can't finde any doc about passwordlenght.

same problem on your installations ?

cheers   Peter