Win 2000, Zone Alarm, Random Reboots and other goodies

Andy Mason amason "at" mail.cebra.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:34:00 +0000

Well, I wouldn't call this official, but it's another source anyway.
I wouldn't call it irresponsible to advise prudence on a matter that could
potentially be this important...

http://www.nthelp.com/50/sp1_for_w2k_bugs.htm

Andy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wallendahl, Michael/SEA [mailto:mwallend "at" ch2m.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 12:36 PM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: Win 2000, Zone Alarm, Random Reboots and other goodies

Jeff:

Please send us the link to page on MS's web site that describes this problem
with "data loss on Maxtor hard drives" and Windows 2000 SP1.

I spent time looking for this on MS's support site and did not come up with
a match.  Nor on Maxtor's site.

I feel it almost irresponsible to make a statement of this sort on a major
mailing list without providing a link with more information.  Rumors get
started this way.

Thanks,

-Mike