Win 2000, Zone Alarm, Random Reboots and other goodies

Jonathan Morton j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:04:29 +0000

> timestamped.  Anyway, the main question that I would pose is how should I
> start up WinVNC after a reboot AFTER ZA to get me past the problem of having
> to stop/restart the service?  If it ran as it should then I should simply be
> able to login if a reboot did occur.

A common method to change startup sequence is to change the filenames of the
affected files, so that they alphabetically come in the desired order.  This
method is used on UNIX and Macintosh systems, so I see no reason why it
shouldn't work on Windows in some form.