Win 2000, Zone Alarm, Random Reboots and other goodies

Steve soc195 "at" home.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:19:59 +0000

Hi,

I am running W2K, WinVnc (latest ver) as a service at startup, and Zone
Alarm.  When I attempt to remotely login to VNC via Java (from a Win98
machine), I get the login screen.  I enter the password and hit return with
no apparant changes taking place.  If I go into the services menu under
control panel and manually Stop and restart the VNC server, then run service
helper, VNC runs fine.  It is my contention that WinVnC is starting before
ZA and creating the problem outlined above.  The problem arises that my
Win2K machine sometimes reboots due to me attempting to log into my VNC.  I
have decided that by looking into the eventlog where the reboot is
timestamped.  Anyway, the main question that I would pose is how should I
start up WinVNC after a reboot AFTER ZA to get me past the problem of having
to stop/restart the service?  If it ran as it should then I should simply be
able to login if a reboot did occur.

Thanks,
Steve