Drakfont/Windows fonts in VNC Unix?

Brendon Oliver brendono "at" softcentre.com.au
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:04:00 +0000

Hi there,

Just making a guess here, but by default, Mandrake uses xfs (X font
server) for serving its fonts.  Perhaps your vncserver script is either
not set to use the font server, or else it doesn't include the paths
where your .ttf fonts reside.

In vncserver have a look for the lines:

# Add font path and color database stuff here, e.g.:

# $cmd .= " -fp /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/";

Uncomment that last line and change the path to suit. To use the font
server you need to replace the font path(s) with something like:
	tcp/{server_name}:port
tcp/localhost:7100 is probably a good starting point - 7100 is the
usually default font server port. Have a look in your XF86Config file -
it should give you a hint as to how a regular Xserver gets its fonts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

- Brendon

--