VNC optimized to almost 30% bandwidth raw (40% zlib)

Rudi De Vos Rudi.De.Vos "at" netbuilding.simac.be
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:15:01 +0000

The function GetChangedRegoin (vncbuffer) looks for a changed line in a rect
and
then copy the full rectangle to the update buffer.
I changed the code so that only the changed rectangle is passed for update
and not the full.

I put the exucutables and source on
http://services.simac.be/vnc/single.html
vncexe28aug.zip
vncsrc28aug.zip

++  Is there a reason to use 32x32 rectangles and not a variable (8X32,
17x32 ..)

++  I tested the code using zlib in debug mode on a single application
(internet explorer
showing a running text in java)

Greetings