Query: Portrait mode VNC?

Rui Carmo rcarmo "at" accao.net
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 00:11:32 +0000

Okay. Call me wierd. I'd like to know how to go about modifying the Linux
VNC client to rotate the image 90 degrees, in order to re-use an old LCD
panel I have to present a permanent display.

Since there is to be no interaction with that display and the data I need to
present (which is on an NT box, BTW) is best suited to portrait (saving
page-up/downs to read the bottom lines), I'm considering slapping a
full-screen VNC client in portrait mode with a browser inside it.

(Another option would be getting XFree to rotate the display and run a local
browser, but I'm short on memory and don't have time to fiddle with it.)

Any hints, folks?

Thanks,

Rui Carmo

BTW: any idea when we can get compression and server-side scaling as part of
the standard distro? I have around 7 different versions of VNC right now...