Changing IP port in WinVNC

Victor Reiner victor "at" keyisit.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:53:23 +0000

Yes, that's exactly how I read the docs.  In fact, there is no PortNumber
entry in the registry.  Of course, I can make one.  Here's the text in the
docs:

	AutoPortSelect
	Causes WinVNC to select the first available display number
automatically.
	Corresponds to the 'Auto' checkbox in the Properties dialog. Local
or
	Global per-user setting

	PortNumber
	specifies the port number to be used for VNC. You will need to
disable
	AutoPortSelect to use this. Local or Global per-user setting

Both of these entries indicate control of DISPLAY, not IP port.  The fact
that both entries say "Local or Global per-user setting" supports this,
because the IP port number couldn't be a "per-user" setting, it would have
to be a global setting for the entire system.  There is no specific mention
of where to change the IP port, nor does a search of the registry reveal
one.  Does someone else have a clue?