Changing IP port in WinVNC

Krishna Behara krishna.behara "at" oracle.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:30:36 +0000

Actually you have to use regedit and change the settings as described
at the following URL:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/winvnc.html

Look under the "WinVNC Advanced Setting" heading:
Read the 4 numbered points that they have there to see
where the properties that need to  be changed are located
so that you can access them using "regedit" from
Start->Run-> (type regedit).

Then search for PortNumber and user regedit to change it.

FYI: In case you are thinking of changing the port number to a
value less than 5900, then when connecting you have to specify
the port number as <VALUE> - 5900
eg to set to port 23 (telnet port)
    port number to connect with should be: 23 - 5900 = -5877

Krishna