Password Issue

Iddo.Grobler@aventis.com Iddo.Grobler "at" aventis.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:37:27 +0000

What you can try is before you run it as a service is to run it in
application mode. Start and close it various times. I tried it with the
apply option and start and close option a couple of times. The problem did
not popup again here. So give it a bash

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart McGie [mailto:Stuart.McGie "at" exi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 9:41 PM
To: VNC List
Subject: Password Issue

I just came across an issue I can't find info on.  I've just finished
installing VNC 3.3.3r2 on our company Win98 machines, I've also installed
VNC as a service.  No issues except one, after typing the password and then
rebooting the machine again, it will say the machine has no password when
the service starts; I reenter the password and reboot.  The system would
appear that it can't remember the password?

Regards,
Stuart McGie
IT System Administrator
Phone: (604) 207-7760