The big grey screen of nothingness

Lewis Bergman lbergman "at" abi.tconline.net
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:03:49 +0000

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> I am having the same problems. But if I login as another user other than
> root and started the vnc server it worked fine. I know its a problem in
> starting the desktop, which desktop are you running? I ran KDE.
Yes, KDE here too. The problem I see is that I have 4 other boxes which are
identical (except that vnc works on the other 3) and the rest of them didn't
stop working. They all run as root. I have used them like this for 2 or 3 months
without problems. They all run KDE. I have linuxconf running so that the other
personell can add an email user. I am wondering if that saw a permission on a
file somewhere and changed it. Grasping at straws.

 --
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications