AW: Firewall question

Kapusta Gerhard gerhard.kapusta "at"
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:40:15 +0000

Hi Harmen!

Are you sure, that the "vncviewer.jar" on your homepage is a valid
jar-archive? For which version of JDK or JRE is it buildt?

I have now tried to install the JDK and I found out the following:

- JDK contains "", JRE does not. On your page you write, it is
possible to run "vncviewer.jar" with JDK or JRE - I assume this is not
correct, because JRE contains no "".

- I tried to look inside "vncviewer.jar with the jar-utility (option t or
x). I got errors because of an illegal file format.

- I tried to open "vncviewer.jar" with WinZip. I can see the content, but it
was only possible to extract the file "MANIFEST.MF". All other files are not
extractable, they produce errors.

- I have downloaded "vncviewer.jar" more than once and compared it - to
eliminate download errors.

- I have downloaded the original "vncviewer.jar". It runs without problems
(but of coure with the known limitations!).

Is there anybody, who has successful run Harmen's "vncviewer.jar" on Windows

Gerhard Kapusta
SIEMENS AG Vsterreich
Email office: Gerhard.Kapusta "at"
Fax&Voicebox: +4989-1488201115