Xvnc with clearcase hogs processor

Donald.McCarthy@infineon.com Donald.McCarthy "at" infineon.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:32:05 +0000

Hi,
I have a weird problem that I wondered if someone else could help me fix.

I run Xvnc on Solaris 2.51 and it will work hapily for a week but if I
mount and enter a clearcase VOB and leave it running overnight, when I return in
the morning Xvnc will not start any new GUI programs, or open any new windows for
programs that are already running. top reveals that Xvnc is using as much
processor time as it can get.

Overnight is when we do clearcase housekeeping which includes locking VOBS for
backup.

My main interest in using VNC is to use it with clearcase, Any ideas?

Thanks,  Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of Mccarthy Donald (DC BRS).vcf]