managing Linux

Jonathan Morton chromi "at" chromatix.org.uk
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:40:45 +0000

>hi,
>I'm new to VNC, but I've quickly become a big fan. Thank you for
>such a great project and I hope in the future to be able to contribute
>to the effort.
>I'm a newbie to the list and as such, I haven't have much of a change
>to lurk.  I hope my explanation isn't too long and my questions aren't
>too forward.
>I am currently working RH6 GNU/Linux server with GNOME is a front-end
>(x-windows).
>My client m/c is Windows NT workstation 4.0.
>I ant operate my Linux server form Windows NT with GUI.
>Is any GUI utility available for managing Linux (RH6) server from the Win-Nt
>client?
>I have dowonload vnc-3.3.3r7_x86_win32.zip. But I don't know how to use it.

You need to run the VNC Server on Linux, and the VNC Client on Windows.
The Documentation section of the VNC website should give all the details.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://chromatix.autistics.org/vnc/