Some Guy someguy47 "at"
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:17:15 +0000

Hi list!

The two biggest things holding me back from using vnc full-on is that fact
that there is no encryption (you must config a complicated arrangement), and
the lack of file transfer.

A few days ago, I downloaded and installed for a trial,
and I put it on a winNT server, win2000 server, and 98.  Let me tell you,
this program ROCK!!!  It does everything!  (all in a browser) But the
clincher--the bottom line on why it is so good, is it creates a cert. by
itself, and has a built in ssl server that runs on the same port.

Downside (aside from is lack of portability across platforms): it costs $99.

Now, I will be on the lookout for a free alternative.

to majordomo "at"
See also: