No subject

jcrix@inetone.net jcrix "at" inetone.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:47:59 +0000

Greetings,

I'm having a slight problem with my vncserver under linux.  Apparently the
vnc server starts, the xstartup script starts to run but then the first
thing that it executes freezes.  So X never starts.  So all I get when I
connect is that nice grey hatched background.  This is the first time this
has ever happened on me, I have it running on several Linux stations
without problem.

Here's a section of a ps -x command which might help

 5697 pts/0    S      0:00 sh /root/.vnc/xstartup
 5698 pts/0    S      0:00 xmodmap /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap

That 5698 process never executes it just sits there like a knot on a log.

Thanks

Conard