Registry update failure

Kerry A. Wilson kwilson "at" ken-tron.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:40:57 +0000

Server: Windows NT 4.0
Workstations:   Windows 95/98 (about 1/2 of each with a mixture of 95A, 95B
and 95C)
VNC:            v.3.3.3r7

I recently discovered VNC and have now installed it on all of our
workstations (35 in total).  During the installation process several of our
machines (I'd guess about 1/3) failed the Start > Programs > VNC >
Administatrive Tools > Install Default Registry Settings procedure.  I
think all of the ones which failed were some flavor of Win95 but there
might have been a Win98 in there as well.

This does not seem to have affected proper operation of the program on
those workstations in question.  What exactly does this procedure
accomplish? and how might the workstations in question not operate
correctly if the procedure was not successfully executed?

-kaw-

Kerry A. Wilson, System Administrator
Ken-tron Mfg., Inc.

http://www.ken-tron.com

Phone:  (270) 684-0431 x 258
Fax:    (425) 699-2915   (Direct to me fax, no cover sheet needed)
         (270) 684-0435   (Backup fax)