Tunneling

Luis Paiva luis.paiva "at" inst-informatica.pt
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:17:20 +0000

Well, I have asked this question before and I wanna thanks Jonathan Morton
and Jean Christophe Serre for your the great help. I made some tests and i
found a solution to my case. I would like to say that i tried httport but my
proxy server doesn't let me use the connect feature. So i found a small
program (socks2http at www.totalrc.net) that transforms every socks request
in http requests. With the utility SOCKScap that sockified VNC
(http://www.socks.nec.com/sockscap.html) it all worked well. Well, almost,
sometimes the connection goes to timeout but nonetheless it works.
Thanks again
Luis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingecom - SERRE Jean-Christophe [mailto:jcs "at" ingecom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 7:52 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Tunneling

Krishna Behara <krishna.behara "at" oracle.com> wrote:

> Just wondering  if VNC can work using
> an http tunnel , for windows NT ie a VNC
> viewere trying to access the VNC server using
> http.

What are you exactly trying to do, why, etc.?

If you're locked behind a HTTP-only proxy/firewall and want to get
through from a VNC viewer, you could only possibly do it using the free
windoz tool HTTPort from
= http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/6651/httport.htm

But it'll work only if your web proxy supports the CONNECT feature
(which it should not).

--
JCS - Jean-Christophe SERRE - INGECOM France - +33 (0)1.48.34.12.34

Microsoft: the 51st State of America -- 52nd coming soon!