Compression: was: RE: WinVNC - "-connect" command over telnet

W. Brian Blevins brian "at" tridia.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:20:02 +0000

Dave,

> It is a great app, however a friend was showing me MS terminal server, which
> seemed quite a bit faster than VNC (and I think it's encrypted?).  I'd love
> to see the data compression that people have been chatting about included in
> the regular build, as well as some enhanced security (more than 8 char
> passwords, encrypted data, configurable timeout/lockout for bad password
> attempts, etc).
>
> Dave.

On the compression issue, TridiaVNC has zlib compression built
into the Win32 viewer, Win32 server, java viewer and
Linux-AIX-HP/UX-Solaris viewers and servers.  The free downloads
and source code are available from the web sites in my signature.

We are taking a hard look at the encryption issue.  Thanks for
the feedback on all of the security items.

--
Brian