Easy encryption?

Some Guy someguy47 "at" hotmail.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:30:09 +0000

Hi group.  I really need a remote computing tool that I can select more than
one port, so VNC really looks great from the few tests I did.

But my biggest concern is how insecure it is.  If I use it to log into a
machine, then that password could be compromised.  I know that I could setup
a VPN, or some other kind of scheme, but I was hoping that there might be an
EASY way to encrypt this communication?

I will be using it to and from and combinations of windows machines.

Another problem with relying on some complicated encryption is that it makes
the great, handy option of accessing via a web browser pointless.

Has someone thought of making the tiny web server a secure server?  This
would be real cool.  It would end up being super portable secure
communication.

Failing that, a small enough program that could travel with the viewer on a
floppy.

Thanks everyone!

Doug