Disconnect of users after close

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:03:09 +0000

> > I don't understand!  Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del won't disconnect VNC
sessions,
> > normally.  Some questions...
>
> That's right. The Ctrl-Alt-Del (via VNC-menu) is for displaying the NT
> security screen. Here I lock the computer (instead of logging off the
> administrator)

Which computer?  The client or the server?

> > When are the clients disconnected?
>
> The clients are disconnected (they lose all drive mappings to the server
> with all consequences like possible data loss when documents were open and
> so on) as soon as I close the VNC console.

What do you mean by "close the VNC console"?  Do you mean "when you
disconnect the VNC client"?  Have you set the LockSetting registry switch
for VNC on the machine in question?

> > What is "the Windows NT server service connection"?
>
> I wanted to express, that the clients are no shared VNC clients, but
normal
> NT users, which use normal file server services of Windows NT.

Aha.  Understood.  Is the server machine pingable once the remote NT clients
have been disconnected?  Can they reconnect?

> The server seems to disconnect the administrator,

I don't understand what you mean by this.  You mean it disconnects a VNC
client, disconnects an NT file sharing client, or logs off the
administrator, or something else?

Cheers,

Wez